- To bring together interested Flower Arrangers in contact with one another through demonstrations and discussions.
- To stimulate, cultivate and raise the standards of flower arranging and judging in Queensland by training, supporting and appointing judges prepared to abide by the rules of the Australian Floral Art Association. The Society holds a list of appointed accredited judges.
- To promote Floral Art by arranging shows and displays and support the decorative sections of Horticultural Shows.
- When required provide help, advice, experienced judges and demonstrators.
- Encourage publicity and publication of material for the good of floral art.
Meetings are held on 4th Monday each month at 9.30am from February to November at the Mt Coot-tha Botanic Gardens Auditorium.
Membership is $25 annually ( or A$30 for overseas membership) and falls due on January 1st each year.
Admission of $7.00 per meeting is payable at the door and a lucky door ticket is issued to each person attending the meeting. A cup of tea/coffee is available before the meeting.
More information including a yearly programme and schedules are available on our website www.floralartsocietyqld.org.au
Contact Alexia Loader
For information regarding judges available for judging at Agricultural Shows and demonstrations, contact the Judges Chairperson Judith Little